ITU Reports and Recommendations
- Technical characteristics and operational objectives for Wireless avionics intra-communications (WAIC) Report M.2197 (ITU-R Report)
- Represents the current state of information on WAIC applications anticipated by the international commercial aviation industry.
- Operational and technical characteristics and protection criteria of radio altimeters utilizing the band 4 200-4 400 MHz, Recommendation ITU-R M.2059, approved Feb. 2014
- Describes the technical and operational characteristics, and protection criteria of radio altimeters used in the aeronautical radio navigation service.
- Technical characteristics and protection criteria for Wireless Avionics Intra-Communication systems, Recommendation ITU-R M.2067, approved Nov. 2014
- Provides the technical and operational characteristics of, and protection criteria for WAIC systems. These characteristics are intended for use when assessing the compatibility of WAIC systems with other services.
- Technical conditions for the use of the aeronautical mobile (R) service in the frequency band 4 200- 4 400 MHz to support wireless avionics intra-communication systems, Report ITU-R M.2283, approved July 2015
- Technical characteristics and spectrum requirements of Wireless Avionics Intra-Communications systems to support their safe operation, Report ITU-R M.2283, approved Dec. 2013
- Provides analysis of WAIC applications with respect to their data rate requirements and derives a methodology for estimating the consequential spectrum requirements for these applications.
- Provides an overall spectrum requirements estimate to fulfil all application requirements.
- Consideration of the aeronautical mobile (route), aeronautical mobile, and aeronautical radio navigation services allocations to accommodate wireless avionics intra-communication, Report ITU-R M.2318, approved Nov. 2014
- An initial assessment of frequency bands between 960 MHz and 15.7 GHz considered under 2015 World Radiocommunication Conference (WRC-15) agenda item 1.17
- A summary of detailed studies undertaken for some of these frequency bands.
- Frequency bands below 960 MHz were not considered feasible because the necessary physical antenna sizes in this frequency range are incompatible to WAIC implementation requirements.
- Compatibility analysis between wireless avionics intra-communication systems and systems in the existing services in the frequency band 4 200-4 400 MHz, Report ITU-R M.2319, approved Nov. 2014
- Provides compatibility and sharing studies performed between wireless avionics intracommunication (WAIC) systems and existing systems in the aeronautical radio navigation service, the Earth exploration-satellite service (passive) and the fixed service in the frequency band 4 200-4 400 MHz as well as a summary of corresponding results in response to Resolution 423 (WRC-12).